Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Tips for choosing the best ecig for you

“No Ecigs are perfect.”
This is the conclusion I reached since I started trying many Ecigs.
Different Ecigs have different pros and cons.
Because I was a heavy smoker (a pack a day) for a long time, my expectations for Ecigs are high in order to be my tobacco alternative.
Here is my check list for choosing an ecig
1.     Quality…Throat hit, Flavor
2.     Usability…Battery management, accessories availability, Appearance
3.     Cost performance
4.     Availability of products
1. Quality
Throat hit is one of the most crucial issues to choose an ecig especially for someone who has a strong addiction to nicotine and a smoking habit.  The level of throat hit is determined by the nicotine level, not by the volume of vapor.  Lack of throat hit of an Ecig will make you crave regular cigarettes more. 
Flavor is also important.  Lots of Ecigs offer many flavors, but many of those are far from the regular cigarette flavor, and those do not work as a cigarette alternative.

2. Usability
Good battery management for Ecigs is important for someone who uses them often.  I'm not patient enough to wait for Ecigs to be charged.  Some of the Ecigs have surprisingly weak battery (45minutes), so you might have to make sure to carry a spare battery with you. 
We carry Ecigs everyday, but we don’t want to carry a huge case or charging case.  Many Ecig products offer a variety of carrying accessories, but of course it is unnecessary to buy a specific brand.  I personally use a reading glasses case to carry LOGIC PREMIUM ELECTONIC CIGARETTES (http://store.logicecig.com/).
Appearance is a subjective issue, I’m not a big fan of huge and heavy Ecigs which make me feel like I'm chewing a heavy pencil.  I understand that Ecigs have to be bigger than regular cigarettes to perform good battery management.  Usually Ecigs offer two colors, white and black.  I normally choose Black, so I can inform people around me easily that I am taking Ecigs, not smoking regular cigarettes. Finally, I always wonder why Ecigs have to be a round shape and slippery.  It is a very common occurrence for to me to have my Ecigs roll on the desk and fall off.  No Ecigs company seems to be concerned with this issue so far. 

3. Cost performance
Besides being healthy, saving money is the biggest advantage of switching to Ecigs.  In general, disposal Ecigs have a better quality, better throat hit and flavor.  But it's too costly to keep buying those disposable Ecigs everyday.  Rechargeable Ecigs are usually cheaper than regular cigarettes, but the cost performance depends on the products.  You need to try to know the actual cost performance because their description on how long the Ecig will last is not really trustful and varies depending on how much you inhale at one puff.

4. Availability of products
You can buy Ecigs online or from your local convenience store.  As Ecigs become more popular, more local convenience stores carry Ecigs (mostly blu, LOGIC and NJOY).  To me, availability at my local convenience store is important.  If I lose my Ecigs somehow, I cannot be patient enough to wait for it to be delivered through an online order. Sometimes, online orders take longer than expected for some reason.  It is helpful to find decent Ecigs at the local convenience store in case you need it immediately.

Overall, to choose the best Ecig for you, you actually need to try different products and find out what your priority is.
Lots of Ecigs offer a free trial or a money back guarantee if you don't like it.
It's worth spending the time to look for the best Ecig for you.
In the long term, we all know we are better off not smoking regular cigarettes for your money and health.


No comments: